2017 Rules and Details
- Any child 5-14 years old and lives in the Greater Houston, Texas Gulf Coast region is eligible to participate. The Greater Houston, Texas Gulf Coast region includes Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, Chambers, and Austin Counties.
- "How I Feel About Myself."
- Artwork must be of the student's own creation.
- Artwork can be drawings, pictures and/or words that express the theme.
- The size of the poster should measure between 8”x10” to 9” x 12”.
- Note: Smaller or larger sizes will be disqualified.
- Any of the following materials can be used to create the poster: pencil, ink, charcoal, crayon, markers, pastel, paint (tempera, water colors, acrylics, spray, etc.), mixed materials, magazine, newspaper, collage, etc.
- Only artwork reflecting positive images and words about mental health will be accepted. Artwork must be free of violence, weapons or offensive language.
- Only one submission accepted for each child.
- Each entry must include the following information either written on the back of the artwork or using the submission form (download using the button at the top of this page): student's name, age, grade level, school name, school district + parent/guardian's name, full address, phone number & email.
- Artwork must be postmarked by Saturday, April 1, 2017.
- Artwork must be MAILED FLAT not folded to:
Mental Health America of Greater Houston
Attn: #HTxMentalHealth Children's Art Contest
2211 Norfolk, Suite 810
Houston, TX 77098
- Artwork postmarked by Saturday, April 1, 2017, that includes ALL submission criteria will become property of MHA of Greater Houston and NFCC. It will be will be judged on originality, hopefulness and impact of message.
- Two (2) winners will be chosen from each age group (5-7, 8-10, 11-14). Winners will be contacted the week of April 24 and announced publicly May 4. Prize bags for all 6 winners include, but aren't limited to, a variety of art and family fun passes.
- Winning art will be displayed at a physical location to be determined and in a digital art gallery on this site, and on www.mhahouston.org and www.FinneganCounseling.org throughout May 2017.
- MHA of Greater Houston and NFCC request all contest winners please make every effort to be available for media interviews and to attend the awards ceremony. Full details will be posted here as they become available.
**If you/your organization would like to donate prizes, contact Paige Roane at NFCC by phone
(713) 402-5050 or by email at PRoane@FinneganCounseling.org.